Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Return of Inverboy


So I was looking for something on my bookshelf the other day and I came across this:


Remember Inverboy, Hero o' the Hielands? These were sketches for three more strips which never got into a more finished form. The page is dated January 3, 2003. I had completely forgotten about them. Reading through them gave me a smile, and I hope it will do the same for you.

In honor of the friends who went to Scottish Day at the RenFaire yesterday (sorry I couldn't go with you, but I hope you had fun!), I present them here for your enjoyment. Click to embiggen.

Inverboy Leaves the Hielands for a visit to (Tantallon Castle) the Southeast



 

1. Tantallon Castle, ancient stronghold of the Douglas Clan.
(Morag: I think we should paint a moo-ral.)

2. The name is easy to remember if ye keep in mind ...

3. ... it's the same as what birds of prey get when they go to the beach.
[sign reads: Seachill Beach]


Adventures at Tantallon Castle, continued




1. Across the Close, ye'll see Bass Rock.
(Morag: There were birds on the rock, but I never saw them flapping...)

2. Once a fortress, it's now a sanctuary housing 21,000 pairs of birds.
(Morag: No I never saw them at all...)

3. And a coo.
(Inverboy: Morag, come back!)
[caption: Morag swimming]
(Morag: ... Till there was Mooooo.)



South into England to visit the Chillingham White cattle
 


1. Inverboy: See the cattle, Morag - their website says the current number of "Total Beasts" is 42.
Morag: A moo-ving sight.

2. No relatives of the Hielan' Coo - they're natural clones who've lived in this park for over 700 years.

3. They look good for their age.
(Morag: Send in the clones.)


Maybe I should re-organize those bookshelves more often.

1 comment:

  1. Just came across this post. How fun! I didn't know you had written more Inverboy comics. :)
    You'll be pleased to know that the Chillingham herd is up to about 100 heads now, but they're still the rarest animals on earth.

    ReplyDelete